Spread the word and not the flu! PDC’s Flu Shot Stickers can help your facility meet compliance while encouraging staff and patients to get vaccinated annually. Flu season can be a hectic time for healthcare facilities, and a full staff is vital to maintaining an efficient workflow. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), just 76% of healthcare workers reported getting their flu shot during the 2020–21 season. This leaves 24% of your staff vulnerable to contracting the flu and missing work, causing your facility to be understaffed during the busy fall and winter season. Flu shot stickers can prevent this and help keep your facility running smoothly.
Here are 5 ways flu shot stickers can help your facility:
1. Identify and Recognize Personnel in Compliance
Flu stickers worn by staff are an excellent way to help keep track of who has been vaccinated and who has not. The stickers provide a highly visible identifier of current vaccination, much like the “I Voted” stickers. They can encourage staff to take pride in caring for one’s personal and community health.
2. Help Improve Compliance Rates
One of the best ways to encourage healthcare workers to get a flu vaccination is if it’s simply recommended by their employer. Having healthcare staff wear flu shot stickers is a great way to do this. According to the CDC, coverage was the highest among healthcare workers who were required by their employer to be vaccinated at 96%, and the lowest among healthcare workers whose employers didn’t require vaccination at 46%. When required by their employer, the rate of vaccinated healthcare workers is 20% higher than the average vaccination rate of 76%. Sometimes all people need is a friendly reminder from their employer about the benefits of vaccination for them to take action and get a flu shot.
3. Prevent Outbreaks
Ensuring that routine vaccination is maintained during the COVID-19 pandemic is essential for protecting individuals and communities from vaccine-preventable diseases and outbreaks. Influenza vaccination will be paramount to reduce the impact of respiratory illnesses attributed to influenza and resulting burdens on the healthcare system during the COVID-19 pandemic. (CDC)
4. Helps Staff Encourage Patients to Vaccinate
A flu shot sticker worn on your staff’s badges reminds patients to be more proactive with their personal health and get a flu shot during their medical stay.
5. Help Protect High-Risk Patients
Flu Vaccination stickers can be placed on employees’ badges and seen from a distance to allow or deny access to high-risk areas within your hospital or clinic. Are your high-risk patients protected?
Stock up on this year’s flu vaccination stickers at pdchealthcare.com !
Source(s): Center for Disease Control (CDC)